Vishnudeo Sai named new Chhattisgarh BJP president
Raipur: Tribal leader and Member of Parliament Vishnudeo Sai has been appointed the new President of the Chhattisgarh unit of BJP.
He succeeds Ram Sewak Paikra, who was inducted into the Raman Singh-led Cabinet as Home Minister last month. Sai had been Chhattisgarh BJP head earlier also.
"BJP national chief Rajnath Singh has elected Sai as the new state party president," Chhattisgarh BJP spokesperson Rasik Parmar told PTI on Tuesday.
Congratulating Sai, Paikra said he is confident that under the new chief, the ruling party will attain greater heights in Chhattisgarh, where it won the Assembly election for a third time in November last year.
Under Sai`s leadership, BJP is sure to win all the 11 Lok Sabha seats in the state in the upcoming general elections and play an important role in making Narendra Modi the Prime Minister, Paikra said.
Sai, who is MP from Raigarh, was president of state BJP from 2006 to May 2010. During his first tenure, BJP had won 2008 Assembly elections, while in 2009 Lok Sabha polls, the ruling party had bagged 10 out of 11 seats in the state.
Later, he paved way for another tribal leader Shivpratap Singh. Subsequently, the charge was assigned to Paikra, who led the BJP to victory in the November polls.
Paikra won the Assembly election and became a Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa