Vishnudeo Sai named new Chhattisgarh BJP president
Raipur: Tribal leader and Member of Parliament Vishnudeo Sai has been appointed the new President of the Chhattisgarh unit of BJP.
He succeeds Ram Sewak Paikra, who was inducted into the Raman Singh-led Cabinet as Home Minister last month. Sai had been Chhattisgarh BJP head earlier also.
"BJP national chief Rajnath Singh has elected Sai as the new state party president," Chhattisgarh BJP spokesperson Rasik Parmar told PTI on Tuesday.
Congratulating Sai, Paikra said he is confident that under the new chief, the ruling party will attain greater heights in Chhattisgarh, where it won the Assembly election for a third time in November last year.
Under Sai`s leadership, BJP is sure to win all the 11 Lok Sabha seats in the state in the upcoming general elections and play an important role in making Narendra Modi the Prime Minister, Paikra said.
Sai, who is MP from Raigarh, was president of state BJP from 2006 to May 2010. During his first tenure, BJP had won 2008 Assembly elections, while in 2009 Lok Sabha polls, the ruling party had bagged 10 out of 11 seats in the state.
Later, he paved way for another tribal leader Shivpratap Singh. Subsequently, the charge was assigned to Paikra, who led the BJP to victory in the November polls.
Paikra won the Assembly election and became a Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- All you want to know about Salman Khan-Arijit Singh feud! – Details inside
- Donald Trump fires his national political director - campaign sources