Watchman, teacher arrested in Chhattisgarh for raping tribal girls
Raipur: The watchman and teacher of a government-run residential school for tribal girls in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district have been arrested for alleged sexual assault of the minor inmates, police said on Sunday.
Deenaram (23), the watchman of Tribal Girls Pre-matric Hostel located in Narharpur police station limits, was arrested following a complaint by Women and Child Development Officer on Saturday, Superintendent of Police Rahul Bhagat told a news agency.
Mannu Ram Gota (24), a teacher, who is also accused of sexual assault, has also been arrested.
Medical reports have confirmed that four of the 11 girls, all of them minors, were raped.
The state government has initiated a high-level probe into the case.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected