`Why CRPF camp was shifted ahead of Naxal attack`
Raipur: Amid blame game continuing over the Naxal attack killing 27 people, the state Congress today questioned the shifting of a CRPF camp from Darbha region just seven days prior to the attack.
"A CRPF camp was at Darbha region (where the attack took place) and it was shifted just seven days ahead of the attack. Why was it done?" asked Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi said.
"Even the Intelligence Bureau had informed the state government about the possibility of a major offensive in the region but still the government was not serious about ensuring adequate security to the rally (of Congress leaders)," Nitin alleged.
"The route and schedule was well informed to the administration but not a single policeman was there for security," he further alleged.
Countering the allegations, senior BJP leader and ex-MLA Ajay Chandrakar said, "The Congress leaders are just trying to encash the situation by making false propaganda."
"The exchange of intelligence inputs between the Centre and state is a frequent process. There must be a specific input that attack would take place in the same region. However, according to police there was no such input of the attack," Chandrakar said.
"The NIA is investigating the attack while the state government has also constituted a judicial commission to probe it. BJP will give the names of suspected Congress leaders allegedly involved in the attack to investigation agencies," he said.
On May 25, Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in the tribal-dominated Bastar district, killing 27 people including Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh and senior leader Mahendra Karma and injuring over 30 others.
It was the worst-ever Maoist strike on the political class unusual of their strategy of generally targeting the local public representatives, individuals and policemen.
In 2010, Naxalites had killed 76 security personnel at Tadmetla (Dantewada) in Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!