Will not allow FDI in multi-brand retail in Chhattisgarh: Raman
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said his government will not allow foreign players to set up shops in the state though Centre has permitted their entry in the multi-brand retail segment.
"The state government is committed towards safeguarding the interests of lakhs of small traders and will not allow the foreign players to snatch the rights of locals in the name of FDI," he told farmers on the sidelines of a function at Rajnandgaon yesterday.
Singh said his government would make available modern farming equipment, seeds and fertilisers on reasonable rates for farmers in `Mandi Malls`.
The chief minister announced setting up of an electronic board displaying market rates of agricultural produce at various places in the state at Rajnandgaon market committee.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan