Will not allow FDI in multi-brand retail in Chhattisgarh: Raman
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said his government will not allow foreign players to set up shops in the state though Centre has permitted their entry in the multi-brand retail segment.
"The state government is committed towards safeguarding the interests of lakhs of small traders and will not allow the foreign players to snatch the rights of locals in the name of FDI," he told farmers on the sidelines of a function at Rajnandgaon yesterday.
Singh said his government would make available modern farming equipment, seeds and fertilisers on reasonable rates for farmers in `Mandi Malls`.
The chief minister announced setting up of an electronic board displaying market rates of agricultural produce at various places in the state at Rajnandgaon market committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan