Will not allow FDI in multi-brand retail in Chhattisgarh: Raman
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said his government will not allow foreign players to set up shops in the state though Centre has permitted their entry in the multi-brand retail segment.
"The state government is committed towards safeguarding the interests of lakhs of small traders and will not allow the foreign players to snatch the rights of locals in the name of FDI," he told farmers on the sidelines of a function at Rajnandgaon yesterday.
Singh said his government would make available modern farming equipment, seeds and fertilisers on reasonable rates for farmers in `Mandi Malls`.
The chief minister announced setting up of an electronic board displaying market rates of agricultural produce at various places in the state at Rajnandgaon market committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket