Will not allow FDI in multi-brand retail in Chhattisgarh: Raman
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said his government will not allow foreign players to set up shops in the state though Centre has permitted their entry in the multi-brand retail segment.
"The state government is committed towards safeguarding the interests of lakhs of small traders and will not allow the foreign players to snatch the rights of locals in the name of FDI," he told farmers on the sidelines of a function at Rajnandgaon yesterday.
Singh said his government would make available modern farming equipment, seeds and fertilisers on reasonable rates for farmers in `Mandi Malls`.
The chief minister announced setting up of an electronic board displaying market rates of agricultural produce at various places in the state at Rajnandgaon market committee.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know