Will try to convince Karuna Shukla to reconsider her resignation: Raman Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said that the BJP will try to convince Karuna Shukla to reconsider her resignation.
Talking to a news channel, Raman Singh said that former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s niece was a very senior leader and the party was trying to talk to her to come back.
Chhattisgarh is due to go to the polls this month and Raman Singh is aiming to lead his party back to power for a third consecutive term.
Karuna Shukla, 63, resigned from the BJP on October 27 after 30 years, alleging that she was being "continuously neglected" by senior leaders.
"I feel that the BJP in Chhattisgarh was mentally torturing me because of which I felt that my usefulness to the party had come to an end," Shukla, an ex-MP from Janjgir and former member of the undivided Madhya Pradesh Assembly, had said.
She had said that her resignation from the party had nothing to do with seeking a ticket from Beltara (in Chhattisgarh) seat for Assembly elections in the state. Shukla was not given a ticket for the polls.
She alleged that she was removed from all posts that she had in the party and was not consulted for anything.
With PTI inputs
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- JNU teachers claim 'sex racket, use of drugs, alcohol rampant inside campus'
- These 5 apps are quietly eating up your data plan! Know which ones
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Check out interesting details about mehendi ceremony
- Currently no proposal to merge BSNL and MTNL: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 23: Delhi Daredevils vs Gujarat Lions — As it happened...