Will try to convince Karuna Shukla to reconsider her resignation: Raman Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said that the BJP will try to convince Karuna Shukla to reconsider her resignation.
Talking to a news channel, Raman Singh said that former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s niece was a very senior leader and the party was trying to talk to her to come back.
Chhattisgarh is due to go to the polls this month and Raman Singh is aiming to lead his party back to power for a third consecutive term.
Karuna Shukla, 63, resigned from the BJP on October 27 after 30 years, alleging that she was being "continuously neglected" by senior leaders.
"I feel that the BJP in Chhattisgarh was mentally torturing me because of which I felt that my usefulness to the party had come to an end," Shukla, an ex-MP from Janjgir and former member of the undivided Madhya Pradesh Assembly, had said.
She had said that her resignation from the party had nothing to do with seeking a ticket from Beltara (in Chhattisgarh) seat for Assembly elections in the state. Shukla was not given a ticket for the polls.
She alleged that she was removed from all posts that she had in the party and was not consulted for anything.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?