Woman gang-raped in Chhattisgarh, five held
Raipur: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped after being abducted by five men near a railway station in Chhattisgarh`s Durg district, police said on Sunday.
Five youths have been arrested in this connection, they said.
The offence took place near Power House railway station of Bhilai on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday, Chhaoni SP (City) Ravindra Upadhyay told PTI.
According to the victim, she had returned from Ambikapur via bus and deboarded at Power House on Friday late night. When the woman was looking for a transport to go to a hostel near Venkateshwara talkies where she resides, a man approached her asking if she needed help.
Later, the man took her to an isolated place near the railway station where his four friends were already present. The men then took turns to rape her, the victim alleged.
After the crime, the accused fled from there leaving the woman in a semi-conscious state, Upadhyay said.
When locals noticed the woman on Saturday morning, they called up an ambulance and informed police, following which she was rushed to Durg district hospital, he said.
She is undergoing treatment at the hospital where her condition is stated to be normal, he said.
"A case has been registered and five men were arrested in this connection," the top cop said, adding that the identification parade of the accused was yet to be done, hence their names could not be disclosed.
The woman was married but had been living separately alone at a hostel in Bhilai, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights