Woman gang-raped in Chhattisgarh, five held
Raipur: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped after being abducted by five men near a railway station in Chhattisgarh`s Durg district, police said on Sunday.
Five youths have been arrested in this connection, they said.
The offence took place near Power House railway station of Bhilai on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday, Chhaoni SP (City) Ravindra Upadhyay told PTI.
According to the victim, she had returned from Ambikapur via bus and deboarded at Power House on Friday late night. When the woman was looking for a transport to go to a hostel near Venkateshwara talkies where she resides, a man approached her asking if she needed help.
Later, the man took her to an isolated place near the railway station where his four friends were already present. The men then took turns to rape her, the victim alleged.
After the crime, the accused fled from there leaving the woman in a semi-conscious state, Upadhyay said.
When locals noticed the woman on Saturday morning, they called up an ambulance and informed police, following which she was rushed to Durg district hospital, he said.
She is undergoing treatment at the hospital where her condition is stated to be normal, he said.
"A case has been registered and five men were arrested in this connection," the top cop said, adding that the identification parade of the accused was yet to be done, hence their names could not be disclosed.
The woman was married but had been living separately alone at a hostel in Bhilai, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog