Woman Naxal killed in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A woman Naxal was killed in a gun-battle between the ultras and a joint team of security forces from Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh in the Bijapur district, police said today.
"One women Maoist died in the exchange of fire between security forces and ultras in the densely-forested pocket in Pamed police station area on Saturday (yesterday)," Additional Superintendent of Police Vivek Shukla said.
"The identity of the killed Naxal is not yet known," he added.
A joint team of Bijapur police, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Greyhound force of Andhra Pradesh police was involved in the operation.
The gun-battle lasted half-an-hour, Shukla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed