Woman Naxal killed in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A woman Naxal was killed in a gun-battle between the ultras and a joint team of security forces from Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh in the Bijapur district, police said today.
"One women Maoist died in the exchange of fire between security forces and ultras in the densely-forested pocket in Pamed police station area on Saturday (yesterday)," Additional Superintendent of Police Vivek Shukla said.
"The identity of the killed Naxal is not yet known," he added.
A joint team of Bijapur police, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Greyhound force of Andhra Pradesh police was involved in the operation.
The gun-battle lasted half-an-hour, Shukla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror