Woman Naxal killed in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A woman Naxal was killed in a gun-battle between the ultras and a joint team of security forces from Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh in the Bijapur district, police said today.
"One women Maoist died in the exchange of fire between security forces and ultras in the densely-forested pocket in Pamed police station area on Saturday (yesterday)," Additional Superintendent of Police Vivek Shukla said.
"The identity of the killed Naxal is not yet known," he added.
A joint team of Bijapur police, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Greyhound force of Andhra Pradesh police was involved in the operation.
The gun-battle lasted half-an-hour, Shukla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'