Woman Naxal killed in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A woman Naxal was killed in a gun-battle between the ultras and a joint team of security forces from Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh in the Bijapur district, police said today.
"One women Maoist died in the exchange of fire between security forces and ultras in the densely-forested pocket in Pamed police station area on Saturday (yesterday)," Additional Superintendent of Police Vivek Shukla said.
"The identity of the killed Naxal is not yet known," he added.
A joint team of Bijapur police, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Greyhound force of Andhra Pradesh police was involved in the operation.
The gun-battle lasted half-an-hour, Shukla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!