Youth arrested for trying to loot petrol pump
Jamshedpur: A youth was arrested while his accomplice managed to flee following an abortive attempt to loot a petrol pump in broad daylight at Bistupur here Wednesday.
The duo came on a motorcycle to the petrol pump to fill the fuel in the motor and handed over a Rs 100 currency notes, police said adding as the salesman of the petrol pump was about to return the balance amount, one of them tried to snatch the whole cash.
He was drunk and tripped during fleeing. The staff of the petrol pump caught him and was identified as Parampreet Singh alias Rahul while his accomplice Satnam Singh managed to flee, the police said.
The incident has taken place near a busy roundabout and steps away from the Bistupur police station.
Rahul had been to jail in the past in connection with mobile phone snatching incident, sources said.
Police has impounded the motorcycle, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16