Youth arrested for trying to loot petrol pump
Jamshedpur: A youth was arrested while his accomplice managed to flee following an abortive attempt to loot a petrol pump in broad daylight at Bistupur here Wednesday.
The duo came on a motorcycle to the petrol pump to fill the fuel in the motor and handed over a Rs 100 currency notes, police said adding as the salesman of the petrol pump was about to return the balance amount, one of them tried to snatch the whole cash.
He was drunk and tripped during fleeing. The staff of the petrol pump caught him and was identified as Parampreet Singh alias Rahul while his accomplice Satnam Singh managed to flee, the police said.
The incident has taken place near a busy roundabout and steps away from the Bistupur police station.
Rahul had been to jail in the past in connection with mobile phone snatching incident, sources said.
Police has impounded the motorcycle, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'