Youth Cong workers try to gherao C`garh CM`s residence
Raipur: The police on Friday used water cannons and teargas to disperse scores of Youth Congress workers as they attempted a `gherao` of the Chief Minister`s house here protesting over the Kanker rape case.
State Youth Congress chief Uttam Vasudev led the workers who clashed with police near Subhash stadium.
Additional Superintendent of Police Lal Umed Singh said that around 2,000 workers, including Vasudev and Amit Jogi, were arrested and later released.
Vasudev claimed that 25 workers were injured as police lathicharged them.
So far eight people, including two teachers and two officials, have been arrested for alleged sexual abuse of minor inmates of the government-run residential school for tribal girls at Jhaliyamari in Kanker district.
The incident was first reported on January 06. Medical examination has confirmed rape of nine girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon