Youth Congress leader, 2 others booked for raping
Raigarh: A case has been registered against a youth Congress leader and two others for allegedly kidnapping and raping an 18-year-old dalit girl in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Mondayt.
"Case has been registered against Goldy Nayak, Youth Congress president of Sarangarh constituency, and his two associates for allegedly kidnapping and raping the class XII student, based on her complaint yesterday," Superintendent of Police Praphull Thakur said.
"The two associates have been identified as Bhimsen Banjare and Manoj Banjare," police said, adding, all of them were absconding.
However, the Goldy`s car that was used in the crime has been seized, SP said.
"The accused kidnapped the girl on January 1 from a bus stand in Sarangarh town of the district when the victim was returning along with her friends from Chandrapur. From there, they took her to Raigarh where they raped her for two days at a house," he said.
As per the victim`s statement, the accused had snatched her mobile phone and abandoned her at a lonely place. They also threatened her not to reveal the offence to anyone or else they would kill her parents, he said.
Goldy is reported to be a journalist with a regional newspaper as well, he said.
The case has been booked under relevant sections of IPC and SC/ST Act, he said, adding, the efforts were on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites