Youth Congress leader, 2 others booked for raping
Raigarh: A case has been registered against a youth Congress leader and two others for allegedly kidnapping and raping an 18-year-old dalit girl in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Mondayt.
"Case has been registered against Goldy Nayak, Youth Congress president of Sarangarh constituency, and his two associates for allegedly kidnapping and raping the class XII student, based on her complaint yesterday," Superintendent of Police Praphull Thakur said.
"The two associates have been identified as Bhimsen Banjare and Manoj Banjare," police said, adding, all of them were absconding.
However, the Goldy`s car that was used in the crime has been seized, SP said.
"The accused kidnapped the girl on January 1 from a bus stand in Sarangarh town of the district when the victim was returning along with her friends from Chandrapur. From there, they took her to Raigarh where they raped her for two days at a house," he said.
As per the victim`s statement, the accused had snatched her mobile phone and abandoned her at a lonely place. They also threatened her not to reveal the offence to anyone or else they would kill her parents, he said.
Goldy is reported to be a journalist with a regional newspaper as well, he said.
The case has been booked under relevant sections of IPC and SC/ST Act, he said, adding, the efforts were on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region