Youth gets death sentence for rape, murder
Raigarh: A local court on Saturday sentenced a 23-year-old youth to death for raping and murdering a minor girl in Basnajhar village in 2011.
The court sentenced Lal Banjara to death after holding him guilty for rape and murder of a four-year-old girl.
Banjara took the girl, who was known to him to a pond near the village and then raped and murdered her on June 14, 2011, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan