Youth gets death sentence for rape, murder
Raigarh: A local court on Saturday sentenced a 23-year-old youth to death for raping and murdering a minor girl in Basnajhar village in 2011.
The court sentenced Lal Banjara to death after holding him guilty for rape and murder of a four-year-old girl.
Banjara took the girl, who was known to him to a pond near the village and then raped and murdered her on June 14, 2011, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'