Youth held for attempting to rape minor girl
Raipur: A 22-year-old youth was arrested here on Sunday for allegedly kidnapping and attempting to rape a four-year-old girl, police said.
Anwar Dilawar, hailing from Ranchi and working as a helper on a truck, abducted the child when she was playing and took her to a nearby under-construction building, SHO Sanjay Tiwari told PTI.
The mother of the girl was searching for her in the area when she saw the accused trying to outrage the modesty of her daughter and cried for help, Tiwari said.
The locals tried to nab the youth but he managed to escape, Tiwari said, adding, later he was arrested near a petrol pump on Raipur-Bilaspur road.
"A case under Sections 363 (kidnapping), 376 (rape), 511 (punishment for attempting to commit offences punishable with imprisonment for life or other imprisonment) of the IPC and section 3 and 4 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012, has been registered against the accused," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj