Youth held for attempting to rape minor girl
Raipur: A 22-year-old youth was arrested here on Sunday for allegedly kidnapping and attempting to rape a four-year-old girl, police said.
Anwar Dilawar, hailing from Ranchi and working as a helper on a truck, abducted the child when she was playing and took her to a nearby under-construction building, SHO Sanjay Tiwari told PTI.
The mother of the girl was searching for her in the area when she saw the accused trying to outrage the modesty of her daughter and cried for help, Tiwari said.
The locals tried to nab the youth but he managed to escape, Tiwari said, adding, later he was arrested near a petrol pump on Raipur-Bilaspur road.
"A case under Sections 363 (kidnapping), 376 (rape), 511 (punishment for attempting to commit offences punishable with imprisonment for life or other imprisonment) of the IPC and section 3 and 4 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012, has been registered against the accused," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa