Youth shot dead in Chhattisgarh; five arrested
Raipur: A youth was shot dead and another injured when a group of men allegedly opened fire at them in Durg district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Friday.
Pappu Yadav (25) was killed and his friend Bhusan Chandrakar injured when five local youths, one of them armed, attacked them in Kasaridih area under Durg police station limits of the city late last evening, Station House Officer Sanjay Devasthale told.
The incident occurred when Pappu and his brother Raman along with their friends -- Mukesh and Bhusan -- were heading towards the deceased`s residence in Kasaridih area.
When they reached their locality, accused Pawan Kurre, who was waiting for them along with his four friends, opened fire on them killing Pappu and injuring Bhusan, the SHO said.
The reason behind the attack is suspected to be old rivalry, he added.
Pappu was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead, the SHO said adding that the condition of Bhusan, who has been admitted to another hospital, is stated to be normal.
All five accused -- Pawan Kurre, Mahesh, Dalchand, Ramu and KK Joshi -- aged between 20-25 years, have been arrested and a case has been registered against them, the SHO said.
The police have also recovered the country-made pistol used in the crime from the possession of Pawan, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok