Youth shot dead in Chhattisgarh; five arrested
Raipur: A youth was shot dead and another injured when a group of men allegedly opened fire at them in Durg district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Friday.
Pappu Yadav (25) was killed and his friend Bhusan Chandrakar injured when five local youths, one of them armed, attacked them in Kasaridih area under Durg police station limits of the city late last evening, Station House Officer Sanjay Devasthale told.
The incident occurred when Pappu and his brother Raman along with their friends -- Mukesh and Bhusan -- were heading towards the deceased`s residence in Kasaridih area.
When they reached their locality, accused Pawan Kurre, who was waiting for them along with his four friends, opened fire on them killing Pappu and injuring Bhusan, the SHO said.
The reason behind the attack is suspected to be old rivalry, he added.
Pappu was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead, the SHO said adding that the condition of Bhusan, who has been admitted to another hospital, is stated to be normal.
All five accused -- Pawan Kurre, Mahesh, Dalchand, Ramu and KK Joshi -- aged between 20-25 years, have been arrested and a case has been registered against them, the SHO said.
The police have also recovered the country-made pistol used in the crime from the possession of Pawan, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital