Delhi government strengthens drive against imported firecrackers ahead Diwali
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Tuesday resolved to strengthen its drive against imported firecrackers ahead of Diwali, ordering inspection teams formed in this regard to check markets and godowns more frequently.
In a review meeting attended by senior officials of DPCC, Police, SDMs and Deputy Commissioners among others, Environment Minister Imran Hussain directed that strict action be taken against those found violating the norms.
"The 11-district-wise inspecting teams of area SDMs and Executive Engineers (DPCC) constituted to check availability of imported firecrackers in the market should enhance their field inspections.
"The team(s) of officers from Licensing Unit constituted to check godowns randomly for availability of imported firecrackers in the market should augment their vigilance and field visits," an official statement said.
Hussain had held a similar review meeting on October 13. He also ordered that court orders regarding noise pollution and prevention especially relating to complete ban on bursting of sound emitting firecrackers between 10 PM to 6 AM will have to be enforced.
"Arrangements made for monitoring of ambient Air & Noise levels by DPCC on pre and during Diwali nights should be popularised," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!