`08 Delhi blasts: Court fix Nov 20 for recording PWs statements
New Delhi: A Delhi court Tuesday fixed November 20 for recording the statements of prosecution witnesses (PWs) in the September 2008 Delhi serial blasts cases in which 13 suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) members are facing trial.
Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash, who had scheduled the matter for today, slated the trial proceedings for the next date, while directing all the 13 to remain present before it.
"Now fix the matter for recording of evidence on November 20," said the court which could not proceed in the matter as some of the accused were not present in the court today.
During the day`s proceedings, seven of them were brought before the court from Tihar jail here and Mumbai central jail. However, some of them were produced through video-conferencing from Sabarmati Jail in Ahmedabad.
The trial proceedings in September 13, 2008 serial blasts cases were stalled since July this year and these five cases were transferred to the court of ASJ Daya Prakash by an August 3 administrative order of the Delhi High Court.
The high court had on September 4 stayed the recording of evidence in these cases on a plea of one of the accused that the administrative order to transfer the trial to another court would cause delay and prejudice to them.
The counsel, appearing for the accused, had earlier told the court that the high court had said that evidence should not be recorded in the case till September 17.
The September 13, 2008 serial blasts in Delhi claimed 26 lives and left 135 people injured.
Five cases were registered in connection with the serial blasts at Gaffar Market in Karol Bagh, Barakhamba Road in Connaught Place, M-Block Market in Greater Kailash and recovery of a bomb near India Gate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it