10-yr-old electrocuted to death in park
New Delhi: A 10-year-old boy was
electrocuted to death in the national capital today when he
was playing with his friends, police said.
The incident took place in Indra Park in Trilokpuri and
the deceased has been identified as Vijay.
He was standing near the boundary wall of the park and
got entangled among wires which were hanging loose from an
Locals rushed Vijay to to Lal Bahadur Shashtri Hospital,
where doctors declared him brought dead.
A case of causing death due to negligence has been
registered against unknown persons.
Several electrocution related deaths have occurred in the
past one week including one just two days ago in which a
15-year-old girl was electrocuted to death in a government
school after she came in contact with an electric wire which
was lying in a pool of water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened