10,000 security personnel for Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony
New Delhi: Around 10,000 security personnel will be deployed in and around Rashtrapati Bhavan when Narendra Modi takes oath as India`s new prime minister Monday.
The security personnel will be drawn from paramilitary forces as well as the Special Protection Group and the National Security Guard, Delhi Police Joint Commissioner M.K. Meena said Sunday.
There will be a four-layered security around the presidential palace, with Delhi Police handling the outer layer, Meena said.
He said prohibitory orders banning the assembly of five or more people had been imposed in New Delhi district which lies in the heart of the capital.
The ceremony is scheduled to be held at Rashtrapati Bhavan Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'