10,000 security personnel for Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony
New Delhi: Around 10,000 security personnel will be deployed in and around Rashtrapati Bhavan when Narendra Modi takes oath as India`s new prime minister Monday.
The security personnel will be drawn from paramilitary forces as well as the Special Protection Group and the National Security Guard, Delhi Police Joint Commissioner M.K. Meena said Sunday.
There will be a four-layered security around the presidential palace, with Delhi Police handling the outer layer, Meena said.
He said prohibitory orders banning the assembly of five or more people had been imposed in New Delhi district which lies in the heart of the capital.
The ceremony is scheduled to be held at Rashtrapati Bhavan Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch