10,000 security personnel for Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony
New Delhi: Around 10,000 security personnel will be deployed in and around Rashtrapati Bhavan when Narendra Modi takes oath as India`s new prime minister Monday.
The security personnel will be drawn from paramilitary forces as well as the Special Protection Group and the National Security Guard, Delhi Police Joint Commissioner M.K. Meena said Sunday.
There will be a four-layered security around the presidential palace, with Delhi Police handling the outer layer, Meena said.
He said prohibitory orders banning the assembly of five or more people had been imposed in New Delhi district which lies in the heart of the capital.
The ceremony is scheduled to be held at Rashtrapati Bhavan Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone