11 child labourers rescued, 4 employers held
New Delhi: Eleven child labourers were
rescued from Outer Delhi in separate raids on Thursday and police
arrested four persons who employed them.
The first raid was conducted in Mangol Pur Kalan from
where two children, who were employed as labourers, were
rescued. Their employers Lallan Yadav and Arun Kumar were
The second raid was conducted in Rithala from where six
child were rescued. Om Parkash, the employer, was arrested.
"He used to subject the children to physical and mental
torture in order to make them work in hazardous conditions not
suitable for children," B S Jaiswal, Deputy Commissioner of
Police (Outer), said.
In the third raid, three children were rescued from
Sultan Pur Majra and employer Sunil Kumar was arested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends