12-year-old killed by 18-year-old cousin in Delhi
New Delhi: A 12-year-old girl was strangled to death by her cousin, an 18-year-old youth, in the Shahbad Dairy area of south Delhi, police said Sunday.
The girl`s body was recovered from a shanty near the home of her maternal aunt in the Shahbad Dairy area in west Delhi Saturday, around 10 p.m.
"Prima facie, it appears that she was strangled with a rope. The reason behind the attack is yet to be ascertained. Once the accused is arrested, the story will unravel," a police officer said.
The officer said there was nothing to show that an attempt at rape had occurred.
The victim`s 18-year-old maternal cousin has been missing since the incident, and his mobile phone has been switched off.
"A case of murder has been registered against the accused. A hunt is on to nab him," the officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!