12-year-old killed by 18-year-old cousin in Delhi
New Delhi: A 12-year-old girl was strangled to death by her cousin, an 18-year-old youth, in the Shahbad Dairy area of south Delhi, police said Sunday.
The girl`s body was recovered from a shanty near the home of her maternal aunt in the Shahbad Dairy area in west Delhi Saturday, around 10 p.m.
"Prima facie, it appears that she was strangled with a rope. The reason behind the attack is yet to be ascertained. Once the accused is arrested, the story will unravel," a police officer said.
The officer said there was nothing to show that an attempt at rape had occurred.
The victim`s 18-year-old maternal cousin has been missing since the incident, and his mobile phone has been switched off.
"A case of murder has been registered against the accused. A hunt is on to nab him," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur