12-year-old killed by 18-year-old cousin in Delhi
New Delhi: A 12-year-old girl was strangled to death by her cousin, an 18-year-old youth, in the Shahbad Dairy area of south Delhi, police said Sunday.
The girl`s body was recovered from a shanty near the home of her maternal aunt in the Shahbad Dairy area in west Delhi Saturday, around 10 p.m.
"Prima facie, it appears that she was strangled with a rope. The reason behind the attack is yet to be ascertained. Once the accused is arrested, the story will unravel," a police officer said.
The officer said there was nothing to show that an attempt at rape had occurred.
The victim`s 18-year-old maternal cousin has been missing since the incident, and his mobile phone has been switched off.
"A case of murder has been registered against the accused. A hunt is on to nab him," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional