`13 BCAS employees have no consent for kin`s job`
New Delhi: 13 employees of Bureau of Civil
Aviation Security (BCAS) have not taken permission from
competent authorities before their relatives got employment in
various aviation-related companies.
Replying to written questions, Civil Aviation Minister
Vayalar Ravi said some relatives of officials of BCAS are
employed with aviation-related companies.
Employment of family members of government officials in
private organisations, with which the concerned officials are
having official dealing, is regulated under Central Civil
Services Conduct rule.
Accordingly, the matter was examined in the light of the
provisions laid down in the rules and a warning issued to all
the erring officials, the Minister said.
A list of of 15 employees was also annexed with the
reply which comprises one Regional Deputy Commissioner J S
Rana, whose brother and son were working with DIAL and
Lufthansa Airlines, Assistant Commissioners Chander Kanta
Ranga, whose husband works with Kingfisher Airlines, O P
Yadav, whose daughter works in Spicejet, P U Mathai, whose
brother and sister work for Jet Airways and DFA and A K
Chaturvedi whose brother works with Go Air.
The Minister said these officials have been directed not
to deal with any matter relating to the particular airlines
and aviation-related company which involves use of
discretionary power and important policy issue.
Rajesh Kumar, a stenographer, and Radha Rani Poojari, a
senior clerk, are the only two employees of BCAS who have
taken permission before employment of their relations in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown