13-year-old girl gangraped by 3 autorickshaw drivers
New Delhi: A teenaged girl was allegedly gangraped in East Delhi`s Nand Nagri area by three autorickshaw drivers, who have now been arrested in the case, police said on Friday.
The incident took place on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday, police said. The accused trio, identified as Rehan (22), Sonu (23) and Salim (24), were arrested yesterday.
"The 13-year-old girl, after she had complained to police, was taken to a government hospital where a medical test confirmed rape," police said, adding that a case was thereafter registered and the arrests effected.
The girl had left her Harsh Vihar home on Tuesday over some issue and her family had also lodged a report over that. She first wandered around GTB hospital and, on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday, reached the Bhopura border in east Delhi.
"Here, she was spotted by the three autorickshaw drivers who took her to a secluded place and then took turns to rape her. Before leaving, they also threatened her of dire consequences if she reported the incident," police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional