13-year-old girl gangraped by 3 autorickshaw drivers
New Delhi: A teenaged girl was allegedly gangraped in East Delhi`s Nand Nagri area by three autorickshaw drivers, who have now been arrested in the case, police said on Friday.
The incident took place on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday, police said. The accused trio, identified as Rehan (22), Sonu (23) and Salim (24), were arrested yesterday.
"The 13-year-old girl, after she had complained to police, was taken to a government hospital where a medical test confirmed rape," police said, adding that a case was thereafter registered and the arrests effected.
The girl had left her Harsh Vihar home on Tuesday over some issue and her family had also lodged a report over that. She first wandered around GTB hospital and, on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday, reached the Bhopura border in east Delhi.
"Here, she was spotted by the three autorickshaw drivers who took her to a secluded place and then took turns to rape her. Before leaving, they also threatened her of dire consequences if she reported the incident," police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur