13,498 people died in AIIMS from 2009-12: Govt
New Delhi: Nearly 13,500 people have died during treatment in All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) in the past three years, the government said on Friday.
A total of 13,498 deaths have been recorded at AIIMS between 2009-10 and 2011-12, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad told Lok Sabha in a written reply to a query.
"However, none of these deaths were caused by negligence during treatment," he claimed.
In reply to another query, Azad said, "As per information from Tourism ministry, a total of 2,65,15994 foreigners visited India between 2008 and 2011. But only two to three per cent of them visited the country for obtaining medical treatment."
He also informed the House that the information regarding foreign exchange revenue earned from medical tourism is not maintained centrally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016