13,498 people died in AIIMS from 2009-12: Govt
New Delhi: Nearly 13,500 people have died during treatment in All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) in the past three years, the government said on Friday.
A total of 13,498 deaths have been recorded at AIIMS between 2009-10 and 2011-12, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad told Lok Sabha in a written reply to a query.
"However, none of these deaths were caused by negligence during treatment," he claimed.
In reply to another query, Azad said, "As per information from Tourism ministry, a total of 2,65,15994 foreigners visited India between 2008 and 2011. But only two to three per cent of them visited the country for obtaining medical treatment."
He also informed the House that the information regarding foreign exchange revenue earned from medical tourism is not maintained centrally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak
- It's Official! LG V20 to be world’s first phone with Android 7.0 Nougat
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade
- Sepp Blatter in last fight against six-year FIFA ban