14 child labourers rescued from bangle making units
New Delhi: Fourteen child labourers were on Tuesday rescued from bangle making units in the capital during a raid conducted there.
The raids were conducted by authorities with the aid of three NGOs Bachpan Bachao Andolan (BBA), Child Line and Prayas in Jahangirpuri.
In a statement issued by BBA, Sub-Divisional Magistrate Rajinder Gupta led the operation, which also involved officials from police and Labour Department.
"All the children are between 6-15 years of age and most of the rescued children belong to villages of Bihar. They were working here for a period of 6-10 months," the statement said.
The children were working in extremely unhealthy conditions and were involved in hazardous activities at work, BBA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested