14 child labourers rescued from bangle making units
New Delhi: Fourteen child labourers were on Tuesday rescued from bangle making units in the capital during a raid conducted there.
The raids were conducted by authorities with the aid of three NGOs Bachpan Bachao Andolan (BBA), Child Line and Prayas in Jahangirpuri.
In a statement issued by BBA, Sub-Divisional Magistrate Rajinder Gupta led the operation, which also involved officials from police and Labour Department.
"All the children are between 6-15 years of age and most of the rescued children belong to villages of Bihar. They were working here for a period of 6-10 months," the statement said.
The children were working in extremely unhealthy conditions and were involved in hazardous activities at work, BBA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'