14 illegal weapons recovered, man arrested
New Delhi: A man has been arrested after 14 illegal weapons were allegedly recovered from his possession here.
The Crime Branch of Delhi Police arrested Usman, a resident of Hapur district in Uttar Pradesh, last Friday from south Delhi.
"We have recovered six pistols and eight half guns (single barrel gun) from him. Pistols seems to be made in Bihar`s Munger while the old-fashioned half guns were made in Budhana town near Muzaffarnagar in UP," said a senior police official.
During interrogation, Usman told police that he had brought these weapons to supply it to his `clients` who are local criminal elements in Delhi and NCR.
"He also revealed that he regularly used to supply such illegal weapons in Delhi, NCR and Uttar Pradesh," the official said.
These weapons were brought to Delhi through the Ghaziabad Border, police said.
The guns recovered in this case were earlier recovered from Mewati cattle thieves, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England