14 more Passport Laghu Kendras: Krishna
New Delhi: External Affairs Ministry has decided to set up 14 Passport Seva Laghu Kendras (PSLKs) across the country including North Eastern states, government told the Rajya Sabha today.
"It has been felt that some regions, especially North Eastern states, were inadequately covered by the Passport Seva Project. The Ministry has decided to set up 14 PSLKs across the country, including North Eastern states, at government cost," External Affairs Minister S M Krishna said in a written reply.
Replying to a separate question over opening of Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs), Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed said "the National Institute for Smart Governance has been approached to examine all such proposals and advice the government in this regard."
He also said a Master Service Agreement (MSA) for the Passport Seva Project was signed between the MEA and Tata Consultancy Service in October 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II