14 more Passport Laghu Kendras: Krishna
New Delhi: External Affairs Ministry has decided to set up 14 Passport Seva Laghu Kendras (PSLKs) across the country including North Eastern states, government told the Rajya Sabha today.
"It has been felt that some regions, especially North Eastern states, were inadequately covered by the Passport Seva Project. The Ministry has decided to set up 14 PSLKs across the country, including North Eastern states, at government cost," External Affairs Minister S M Krishna said in a written reply.
Replying to a separate question over opening of Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs), Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed said "the National Institute for Smart Governance has been approached to examine all such proposals and advice the government in this regard."
He also said a Master Service Agreement (MSA) for the Passport Seva Project was signed between the MEA and Tata Consultancy Service in October 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why