14 Tihar inmates offered job by big firms: Govt
New Delhi: Fourteen prisoners in Tihar
jail have been offered appointment letters by private firms
and NGOs to join them after they are released.
On February 25, ten companies and NGOs conducted
campus placement of the inmates, who had received professional
training during their term.
Forty-three inmates were shortlisted by prison
administration on the basis of their good behaviour in jail,
educational and vocational qualification and also if their
sentence or judicial custody was likely to come to an end
within one year.
"Of these, fourteen inmates so far have been offered
appointment letter on the spot. About others, the companies
will inform the Prison Administration in due course," Minister
of State for Home Affairs Gurudas Kamat said in a written
reply in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The companies and NGOs which voluntarily came forward
to conduct the campus placement included Aggarwal Packers and
Movers, Predo Security, ASP Sealing Products Ltd., Vedanta
Foundation, Creative Innovation, Good House Keeping, JRA and
Associates, Divya Jyoti Jagriti Sansthan, Relaxo Footwear Ltd.
and Prison Ministry of India, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016