14 Tihar inmates offered job by big firms: Govt
New Delhi: Fourteen prisoners in Tihar
jail have been offered appointment letters by private firms
and NGOs to join them after they are released.
On February 25, ten companies and NGOs conducted
campus placement of the inmates, who had received professional
training during their term.
Forty-three inmates were shortlisted by prison
administration on the basis of their good behaviour in jail,
educational and vocational qualification and also if their
sentence or judicial custody was likely to come to an end
within one year.
"Of these, fourteen inmates so far have been offered
appointment letter on the spot. About others, the companies
will inform the Prison Administration in due course," Minister
of State for Home Affairs Gurudas Kamat said in a written
reply in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The companies and NGOs which voluntarily came forward
to conduct the campus placement included Aggarwal Packers and
Movers, Predo Security, ASP Sealing Products Ltd., Vedanta
Foundation, Creative Innovation, Good House Keeping, JRA and
Associates, Divya Jyoti Jagriti Sansthan, Relaxo Footwear Ltd.
and Prison Ministry of India, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next