142 Tihar inmates get jobs in jail`s placement dri
New Delhi: A total of 142 Tihar inmates on Friday landed jobs in the prison`s first placement drive this year, giving them hope of leading a better life after serving their respective terms.
Out of 175 inmates interviewed by five visiting companies, 142 candidates were selected -- 13 of them women. The interviews were conducted Friday in the jail premises.
The monthly salary packages ranged from Rs 7,000 to Rs 30,000, with 28-year-old Sunil Gupta getting the highest package offered by Frontline Securities.
The other recruitment companies were IKYA Global, Career Craft, Future Mason and Vedanta Foundation. This was the fourth placement drive in the prison.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know