142 Tihar inmates get jobs in jail`s placement dri
New Delhi: A total of 142 Tihar inmates on Friday landed jobs in the prison`s first placement drive this year, giving them hope of leading a better life after serving their respective terms.
Out of 175 inmates interviewed by five visiting companies, 142 candidates were selected -- 13 of them women. The interviews were conducted Friday in the jail premises.
The monthly salary packages ranged from Rs 7,000 to Rs 30,000, with 28-year-old Sunil Gupta getting the highest package offered by Frontline Securities.
The other recruitment companies were IKYA Global, Career Craft, Future Mason and Vedanta Foundation. This was the fourth placement drive in the prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump