142 Tihar inmates get jobs in jail`s placement dri
New Delhi: A total of 142 Tihar inmates on Friday landed jobs in the prison`s first placement drive this year, giving them hope of leading a better life after serving their respective terms.
Out of 175 inmates interviewed by five visiting companies, 142 candidates were selected -- 13 of them women. The interviews were conducted Friday in the jail premises.
The monthly salary packages ranged from Rs 7,000 to Rs 30,000, with 28-year-old Sunil Gupta getting the highest package offered by Frontline Securities.
The other recruitment companies were IKYA Global, Career Craft, Future Mason and Vedanta Foundation. This was the fourth placement drive in the prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29