15 trains from Delhi rescheduled
New Delhi: The railways on Wednesday rescheduled 15 trains from here as it remained busy normalising passenger services badly hit due to the back to back power failure in several states since the last two days.
As scores of long distance trains arrived here several hours behind schedule, the Northern Railway decided to reschedule the timings of Rajdhani trains bound for Guwahati, Howrah, Sealdah and Bhubaneswar apart from other long distance trains.
The failure of the Northern and Eastern Grids yesterday and of the Northern Grid the day before led to large-scale disruption of train services with the worst affected ones being those travelling to and from the Eastern states.
The Dibrugarh Rajdhani would depart from here at 10.50 pm instead of 2 pm and Howrah Rajdhani will depart from here at 8.50 pm instead of 5 pm, said a Northern Railway statement.
The Sealdah Rajdhani will depart at 8.30 pm instead of 4.30 pm, while the Bhubaneswar Rajdhani will start at 10 pm instead of 5.10 pm, the statement said.
Timings of the Gaya-bound Mahabodhi Express, New Jalpaiguri-bound Superfast Express, Jalandhar Intercity Express, Bhagalpur-bound Vikramshila Express and Garib Rath Express, West Bengal Sampark Kranti Express and Gomti Express, among others, have also been rescheduled, the statement added.
According to a Northern Railways spokesperson, over 24 trains arrived here two to six hours behind schedule this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH