150 jhuggis gutted in blaze: Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: As many as six people were injured and over 150 jhuggis were destroyed in a fire on Wednesday in Maharajpur village of the district, police said.
At least six people were injured in the fire, there have been no casualties, SP (City) Shiv Shankar Yadav said.
It is suspected that the fire was caused due to a mini-cylinder explosion in one of the jhuggis.
10 fire engines from Sahibabad, Vaishali and Ghaziabad were pressed into service to douse the flames.
ADM City Indra Vikram Singh said a list of the people affected by the blaze is being prepared and the monetary loss estimated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days