150 jhuggis gutted in blaze: Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: As many as six people were injured and over 150 jhuggis were destroyed in a fire on Wednesday in Maharajpur village of the district, police said.
At least six people were injured in the fire, there have been no casualties, SP (City) Shiv Shankar Yadav said.
It is suspected that the fire was caused due to a mini-cylinder explosion in one of the jhuggis.
10 fire engines from Sahibabad, Vaishali and Ghaziabad were pressed into service to douse the flames.
ADM City Indra Vikram Singh said a list of the people affected by the blaze is being prepared and the monetary loss estimated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal