150 jhuggis gutted in blaze: Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: As many as six people were injured and over 150 jhuggis were destroyed in a fire on Wednesday in Maharajpur village of the district, police said.
At least six people were injured in the fire, there have been no casualties, SP (City) Shiv Shankar Yadav said.
It is suspected that the fire was caused due to a mini-cylinder explosion in one of the jhuggis.
10 fire engines from Sahibabad, Vaishali and Ghaziabad were pressed into service to douse the flames.
ADM City Indra Vikram Singh said a list of the people affected by the blaze is being prepared and the monetary loss estimated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September
- Nita Ambani launch multi-discipline sports initiative; laud PM Modi for Olympics task force idea
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open
- Guess who? This A-list Bollywood actress can give up career to marry the man she loves