18-year-old youth arrested for murdering live-in partner
New Delhi: An 18-year-old youth has been arrested along with an associate for allegedly murdering his live-in partner after he developed suspicion on her.
Gulfam (18) and his associate Mohammad Rafique (19) were arrested at Nizamuddin Railway Station for the murder of his live-in partner, whose body was found stuffed in an almirah in their rented house on April 29, police said.
On May 2, neighbours informed police about foul smell emanating from the locked house at Matiala in Uttam Nagar following which a police team reached the spot.
Police broke open the doors and found the body of the girl in an almirah.
As the girl`s roommate Gulfam and his friend Mohammad Rafique had disappeared after the incident, the investigation zeroed in on the duo.
The two were arrested at Nizamuddin Railway Station where they were waiting for a train to abscond, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'