18-year-old youth arrested for murdering live-in partner
New Delhi: An 18-year-old youth has been arrested along with an associate for allegedly murdering his live-in partner after he developed suspicion on her.
Gulfam (18) and his associate Mohammad Rafique (19) were arrested at Nizamuddin Railway Station for the murder of his live-in partner, whose body was found stuffed in an almirah in their rented house on April 29, police said.
On May 2, neighbours informed police about foul smell emanating from the locked house at Matiala in Uttam Nagar following which a police team reached the spot.
Police broke open the doors and found the body of the girl in an almirah.
As the girl`s roommate Gulfam and his friend Mohammad Rafique had disappeared after the incident, the investigation zeroed in on the duo.
The two were arrested at Nizamuddin Railway Station where they were waiting for a train to abscond, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!