18-year-old youth arrested for murdering live-in partner
New Delhi: An 18-year-old youth has been arrested along with an associate for allegedly murdering his live-in partner after he developed suspicion on her.
Gulfam (18) and his associate Mohammad Rafique (19) were arrested at Nizamuddin Railway Station for the murder of his live-in partner, whose body was found stuffed in an almirah in their rented house on April 29, police said.
On May 2, neighbours informed police about foul smell emanating from the locked house at Matiala in Uttam Nagar following which a police team reached the spot.
Police broke open the doors and found the body of the girl in an almirah.
As the girl`s roommate Gulfam and his friend Mohammad Rafique had disappeared after the incident, the investigation zeroed in on the duo.
The two were arrested at Nizamuddin Railway Station where they were waiting for a train to abscond, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside