19 pistols, 24 cartridges recovered; 2 held in Delhi
New Delhi: Two men were arrested and 19 pistols and 24 live cartridges recovered from them by police which claimed on Tuesday to have busted a gang which `home delivered` illegal firearms after taking the order on phone and getting the payment deposited in their accounts.
Manoj Kumar, alias Pappu, a resident of Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, and Gajanand from Singun village of Khargone, Madhya Pradesh, were arrested by the Crime Branch recently after it received a tip-off that a gang based in Aligarh and Madhya Pradesh is indulging in supply of illegal arms and ammunition in Delhi and NCR after they are manufactured in Khargone.
"On November 1, a tip-off was received that Manoj Kumar would come near Big Bazar, Vasant Kunj, Mehruali Main Road, to deliver a consignment of illegal arms and ammunition to one of his contacts.
"Accordingly, a trap was laid and at about 1.40 pm, Kumar came there in a car and he was apprehended and 12 pistols and 24 live cartridges were recovered from his possession," said Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav.
During interrogation, Kumar reportedly told police that he had already placed another order for further delivery of illegal weapons to a supplier identified as one "Fauzi" and the consignment was to be delivered on November 11 at Sarai Kale Khan Bus Stand, police said.
Accordingly a trap was laid and Gajanand, who had come to deliver the consignment of illegal weapons to Kumar, was also apprehended and 7 pistols of .32 bore were recovered from his possession. Gajanand is a tribal and in earlier instances also tribals were used as courier by the gang, said Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog