19-year-old Nepali girl gang raped in South Delhi
New Delhi: A 19-year-old Nepali girl was allegedly gang raped by four people, three of whom including a juvenile have been apprehended, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place in Vasant Kunj area of South Delhi last evening when one of the accused, who was known to the victim, took her to an isolated place on some pretext.
"He was soon joined by three of his friends who then took turns to rape her. The accused allegedly also threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed the incident to anyone," said a senior police official.
The girl somehow informed the police about the incident which instantly swung into action and nabbed the juvenile. His other two accomplices, identified as Sandeep (25) and Ashish (20) were arrested on his instance from the same area, police said.
The fourth accused, who was known to the victim is still on the run and efforts are on to nab him. He had assured her that he would get her employed as domestic help somewhere. All the four accused are unemployed themselves, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi