19-year-old Nepali girl gang raped in South Delhi
New Delhi: A 19-year-old Nepali girl was allegedly gang raped by four people, three of whom including a juvenile have been apprehended, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place in Vasant Kunj area of South Delhi last evening when one of the accused, who was known to the victim, took her to an isolated place on some pretext.
"He was soon joined by three of his friends who then took turns to rape her. The accused allegedly also threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed the incident to anyone," said a senior police official.
The girl somehow informed the police about the incident which instantly swung into action and nabbed the juvenile. His other two accomplices, identified as Sandeep (25) and Ashish (20) were arrested on his instance from the same area, police said.
The fourth accused, who was known to the victim is still on the run and efforts are on to nab him. He had assured her that he would get her employed as domestic help somewhere. All the four accused are unemployed themselves, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader