1984 riots: Akali Dal workers protest against Amarinder Singh`s clean chit to Tytler
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Akali Dal workers on Monday held a massive protest outside the Congress headquarters in Delhi over a statement made by former Punjab chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh with regards to the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
The Akali workers were protesting against a clean chit given by Singh to Jagdish Tytler —an accused in the case.
A protester told reporters, “Our protest is against the clean-chit given to Jagdish Tytler by Amarinder Singh. We feel Singh did it at the behest of Sonia Gandhi.”
Police had to use water cannons to bring the rioting crowd under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!