1984 riots: SAD demands action against Sajjan, Tytler
Mohali: The ruling Shiromani Akali
Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday said the party
would continue with its sustained struggle "on every available
forum" till those responsible for anti-Sikh riots are put
behind the bars.
Members of the Sikh community all over the world and
Indians are offering prayers in the memory of those who were
killed in New Delhi and other cities, Sukhbir said while
participating in a prayer meeting at Gurudwara Amb Sahib
here on the 26th anniversary of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
He claimed that the protestors belonged to Congress and
were led by Sajjan Kumar and Jagdish Tytler.
"We pray to God to give them strength to sustain in this
struggle, till every guilty is punished," Sukhbir said.
He accused the Congress of creating hurdles in the
judicial process fearing that the custodial interrogation of
Sajjan and Tytler would reveal the "real hand" behind this
Vowing to continue the struggle on every forum in the
country, and if needed at international forum, Sukhbir said it
is the commitment of the SAD to ensure justice to the families
of 7,000 victims.
Meanwhile, in Ludhiana, the riot-hit victims burnt
effigies of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Sajjan
Kumar and Jagdish Tytler today in protest against the alleged
failure of the Central government to take action against those
responsible for the riots.
Protestors led by president of Danga Peerat Welfare
Society, Punjab, Suirjit Singh staged a demonstration and
blocked the road traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic