1984 riots: SAD demands action against Sajjan, Tytler
Mohali: The ruling Shiromani Akali
Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday said the party
would continue with its sustained struggle "on every available
forum" till those responsible for anti-Sikh riots are put
behind the bars.
Members of the Sikh community all over the world and
Indians are offering prayers in the memory of those who were
killed in New Delhi and other cities, Sukhbir said while
participating in a prayer meeting at Gurudwara Amb Sahib
here on the 26th anniversary of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
He claimed that the protestors belonged to Congress and
were led by Sajjan Kumar and Jagdish Tytler.
"We pray to God to give them strength to sustain in this
struggle, till every guilty is punished," Sukhbir said.
He accused the Congress of creating hurdles in the
judicial process fearing that the custodial interrogation of
Sajjan and Tytler would reveal the "real hand" behind this
Vowing to continue the struggle on every forum in the
country, and if needed at international forum, Sukhbir said it
is the commitment of the SAD to ensure justice to the families
of 7,000 victims.
Meanwhile, in Ludhiana, the riot-hit victims burnt
effigies of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Sajjan
Kumar and Jagdish Tytler today in protest against the alleged
failure of the Central government to take action against those
responsible for the riots.
Protestors led by president of Danga Peerat Welfare
Society, Punjab, Suirjit Singh staged a demonstration and
blocked the road traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested