1984 riots: Sajjan attacked house, claims woman
New Delhi: A woman, whose five family members
including the husband and a son, were killed in 1984 anti-Sikh
riots, today claimed before a Delhi court in a trial against
former MP Sajjan Kumar and others that her house was attacked
by Congress men.
"When my house was attacked by the mob, I saw that the mob
was being led by local Congress leaders. Those Congress
leaders were having a list of names and houses of Sikhs in the
area," Jagdish Kaur told Additional Sessions Judge Sunita
The 69-year-old witness reiterated the contents of an
affidavit during her cross examination for the sixth day by
advocate A K Sharma appearing for accused Girdhari Lal,
Captain Bhagmal and Mahender Yadav.
The woman, however, changed her versions with regard to
whereabouts of her children, which was at variance with her
statement submitted through an affidavit before Justice
Rangnath Mishra Commission.
The cross examination of the witness remained inconclusive
and would resume on July 19.
The court is conducting the trial against Kumar and others
on a day-to-day basis.
Kaur, who now resides in Amritsar, had on July 3
identified Kumar and his nephew Khokkar, and Girdhari Lal and
Captain Bhagmal as accomplices who had allegedly instigated
mobs during the 1984 carnage.
Kaur`s family members, including her husband and son, were
killed in the riots that had followed the assassination of
Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984.
CBI had filed two chargesheets against Kumar and others on
January 13 in the riots cases registered in 2005 on the
recommendation of Justice G T Nanavati Commission which
inquired into the sequence of events leading to the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister