1984 riots: Sajjan attacked house, claims woman
New Delhi: A woman, whose five family members
including the husband and a son, were killed in 1984 anti-Sikh
riots, today claimed before a Delhi court in a trial against
former MP Sajjan Kumar and others that her house was attacked
by Congress men.
"When my house was attacked by the mob, I saw that the mob
was being led by local Congress leaders. Those Congress
leaders were having a list of names and houses of Sikhs in the
area," Jagdish Kaur told Additional Sessions Judge Sunita
The 69-year-old witness reiterated the contents of an
affidavit during her cross examination for the sixth day by
advocate A K Sharma appearing for accused Girdhari Lal,
Captain Bhagmal and Mahender Yadav.
The woman, however, changed her versions with regard to
whereabouts of her children, which was at variance with her
statement submitted through an affidavit before Justice
Rangnath Mishra Commission.
The cross examination of the witness remained inconclusive
and would resume on July 19.
The court is conducting the trial against Kumar and others
on a day-to-day basis.
Kaur, who now resides in Amritsar, had on July 3
identified Kumar and his nephew Khokkar, and Girdhari Lal and
Captain Bhagmal as accomplices who had allegedly instigated
mobs during the 1984 carnage.
Kaur`s family members, including her husband and son, were
killed in the riots that had followed the assassination of
Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984.
CBI had filed two chargesheets against Kumar and others on
January 13 in the riots cases registered in 2005 on the
recommendation of Justice G T Nanavati Commission which
inquired into the sequence of events leading to the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi