2 minors drown in Ganga river on Buddha Purnima
Ghaziabad: Two minor brothers drowned in Ganga river while taking a bath in Narora area of the district, police said on Monday.
Monu and Dabbu, who came with their family from Bulandshahr on the occasion of Buddha Purnima festival went into the river in Narora area for a bath yesterday.
Both drowned and their bodies were fished out later in the night, police said.
They were natives of Jhakota village of Bulandshahr.
In a similar incident, a 15-year-old boy drowned in the Ganga river in Brij Ghat of Ghaziabad yesterday, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest