20 child labourers freed in Delhi
New Delhi: Twenty child labourers, who were forced to work in leather factories, were rescued in Delhi on Wednesday.
A team comprising of officials from Delhi Police, labour department and an NGO, raided the leather factories operating in Nabi Karim area, near New Delhi railway station.
The team found 20 children being forced to work under dangerous conditions. All the children were brought from Bihar, a year back.
Things turned ugly when the factory owners and their men attacked the raid team and even damaged their vehicle.
Later, five factory owners were arrested and booked under various charges.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires