20 child labourers freed in Delhi
New Delhi: Twenty child labourers, who were forced to work in leather factories, were rescued in Delhi on Wednesday.
A team comprising of officials from Delhi Police, labour department and an NGO, raided the leather factories operating in Nabi Karim area, near New Delhi railway station.
The team found 20 children being forced to work under dangerous conditions. All the children were brought from Bihar, a year back.
Things turned ugly when the factory owners and their men attacked the raid team and even damaged their vehicle.
Later, five factory owners were arrested and booked under various charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?