20 child labourers freed in Delhi
New Delhi: Twenty child labourers, who were forced to work in leather factories, were rescued in Delhi on Wednesday.
A team comprising of officials from Delhi Police, labour department and an NGO, raided the leather factories operating in Nabi Karim area, near New Delhi railway station.
The team found 20 children being forced to work under dangerous conditions. All the children were brought from Bihar, a year back.
Things turned ugly when the factory owners and their men attacked the raid team and even damaged their vehicle.
Later, five factory owners were arrested and booked under various charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan