20 child labourers freed in Delhi
New Delhi: Twenty child labourers, who were forced to work in leather factories, were rescued in Delhi on Wednesday.
A team comprising of officials from Delhi Police, labour department and an NGO, raided the leather factories operating in Nabi Karim area, near New Delhi railway station.
The team found 20 children being forced to work under dangerous conditions. All the children were brought from Bihar, a year back.
Things turned ugly when the factory owners and their men attacked the raid team and even damaged their vehicle.
Later, five factory owners were arrested and booked under various charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt