200 students of DU fall ill due to food poisoning
Jaisalmer: Over 200 students of the Delhi University, who are on an educational tour, have taken ill due to suspected food poisoning at their camp here.
"70 of them were hospitalised and 150 given primary treatment outdoors in Jawahar hospital here on Wednesday," hospital sources said.
A group of 900 students of Delhi University -- all of them NCC cadets -- were on the educational and motivational tour `Gyanodya-II` and over 200 of them took ill after they consuming contaminated food last night.
The suspected case of food poisoning came to light early this morning when the students started vomiting and complained of abdominal pain.
"It all happened in the camp of the students in Sam area, around 40 kms from here. It is suspected that the food they had last night was contaminated. A team has been dispatched for the camp site to collect samples," the sources added.
The group of students reached Bikaner on September 30 and were in Jaisalmer yesterday to have a look at the working of the Indian Army, IAF and their equipment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price