200 students of DU fall ill due to food poisoning
Jaisalmer: Over 200 students of the Delhi University, who are on an educational tour, have taken ill due to suspected food poisoning at their camp here.
"70 of them were hospitalised and 150 given primary treatment outdoors in Jawahar hospital here on Wednesday," hospital sources said.
A group of 900 students of Delhi University -- all of them NCC cadets -- were on the educational and motivational tour `Gyanodya-II` and over 200 of them took ill after they consuming contaminated food last night.
The suspected case of food poisoning came to light early this morning when the students started vomiting and complained of abdominal pain.
"It all happened in the camp of the students in Sam area, around 40 kms from here. It is suspected that the food they had last night was contaminated. A team has been dispatched for the camp site to collect samples," the sources added.
The group of students reached Bikaner on September 30 and were in Jaisalmer yesterday to have a look at the working of the Indian Army, IAF and their equipment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!