2005 Diwali blasts: Money laundering case against Dar sent back
New Delhi: The money laundering case against Tarique Ahmed Dar, who had allegedly masterminded and funded the 2005 Diwali-eve blasts at key markets here, has been sent back to a Delhi court which was earlier conducting the trial.
District Judge Sunita Gupta has sent back the case of Enforcement Directorate (ED) to Special Judge (PMLA) P S Teji on the ground that she has not yet received an official copy of the notification by which the special judge had transferred the case to her.
The special judge, in his order, had said that as per the June 28 notification, the jurisdiction to try the cases of Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) has been assigned to all the courts of Sessions and Additional Sessions Judges in respect of their district.
The district judge, however said in her order that she cannot transfer the case without having the official copy of the notification.
The file was today received back by the special judge who had now fixed November 22 for further proceedings in the case.
The special judge had earlier transferred the case of ED to the District Judge to mark the file to the concerned court where the trial of the blasts case against Dar, who is lodged in Tihar Jail, is going on.
Dar is accused of masterminding the explosions which had taken place during the peak evening hours on October 29, 2005 here, leaving 67 people dead and 225 injured.
The special judge had said that with this notification, apparently, now the court conducting the original trial is competent to try the case under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002.
The trial in the money laundering case against Dar has been conducted by the special judge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India