2005 Diwali blasts: PMLA case against Dar transferred
New Delhi: A Delhi court has transferred a money laundering case against Tarique Ahmed Dar, who had allegedly masterminded and funded the 2005 Diwali-eve blasts at prime markets here, to the district judge.
Special Judge (PMLA) P S Teji allocated the case to District Judge Sunita Gupta who will in turn mark the file to the concerned court where the trial of the blasts case against Dar, who is lodged in Tihar Jail, is going on.
Dar is accused of masterminding the explosions which had taken place during the peak evening hours on October 29, 2005 here, leaving 67 people dead and 225 injured.
The move to transfer the case came following a June 28 notification by which the jurisdiction to try the case of Money Laundering Act has been assigned to all the courts of Sessions and Additional Sessions Judges in respect of their district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?