2005 Diwali blasts: PMLA case against Dar transferred
New Delhi: A Delhi court has transferred a money laundering case against Tarique Ahmed Dar, who had allegedly masterminded and funded the 2005 Diwali-eve blasts at prime markets here, to the district judge.
Special Judge (PMLA) P S Teji allocated the case to District Judge Sunita Gupta who will in turn mark the file to the concerned court where the trial of the blasts case against Dar, who is lodged in Tihar Jail, is going on.
Dar is accused of masterminding the explosions which had taken place during the peak evening hours on October 29, 2005 here, leaving 67 people dead and 225 injured.
The move to transfer the case came following a June 28 notification by which the jurisdiction to try the case of Money Laundering Act has been assigned to all the courts of Sessions and Additional Sessions Judges in respect of their district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy