2005 Diwali blasts: PMLA case against Dar transferred
New Delhi: A Delhi court has transferred a money laundering case against Tarique Ahmed Dar, who had allegedly masterminded and funded the 2005 Diwali-eve blasts at prime markets here, to the district judge.
Special Judge (PMLA) P S Teji allocated the case to District Judge Sunita Gupta who will in turn mark the file to the concerned court where the trial of the blasts case against Dar, who is lodged in Tihar Jail, is going on.
Dar is accused of masterminding the explosions which had taken place during the peak evening hours on October 29, 2005 here, leaving 67 people dead and 225 injured.
The move to transfer the case came following a June 28 notification by which the jurisdiction to try the case of Money Laundering Act has been assigned to all the courts of Sessions and Additional Sessions Judges in respect of their district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader
- We envy you, Sonakshi Sinha!– Here's why
- Aishwarya wanted to be discussed: Sonam Kapoor on 'purple lips' at Cannes
- German bakery blast convict attacks Yug Chandak murder convict Daware in jail
- Mahresult.nic.in HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: MSBSHSE Class 12th XII Exam Results 2016 to be declared today on hscresult.mkcl.org - how to check