2008 cashscam: Court reserves order on plea
New Delhi: A Delhi court Tuesday reserved its order on a plea by BJP MP and 2008 cash-for-vote scam accused Faggan Singh Kulaste for a probe to find out the "real beneficiaries" in the case even as Delhi Police said no further investigation can be ordered at his behest.
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal reserved its order on the plea by Rajya Sabha member Kulaste seeking further probe into the case as also against a senior Congress leader.
Describing himself and the co-accused as whistleblowers, Kulaste told the court that the Delhi Police has brought a "happy ending" to its probe in the case by going after the "whistleblowers even as the real beneficiaries have gone scot-free."
Kulaste`s counsel Anil Soni said, "Delhi Police has chosen to stop further probe to find the complete trail of money or the real beneficiaries and have failed in its public duty."
He also argued that the police should analyse the call records of a senior Congress leader to trace the source of money.
Soni also alleged that the police "have chosen not to probe or reveal the call details of S P Gupta, Aman Arora and Lovely Singh, all prosecution witnesses, although co-accused Sohail Hindustani has categorically stated they were instrumental in introducing/ conversing with the senior Congress leader to make a deal to pay BJP `venerable` MPs to vote in favour of the UPA".
He demanded probe against the Congress leader saying, "co-accused Ashok Argal has categorically stated that co-accused Amar Singh had made them talk to that Congress leader over phone on July 22, 2008, before the delivery of Rs 1 crore".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh