2008 Delhi serial blasts: Victim fails to identify bomber
New Delhi: An auto rickshaw driver who had been hired by a September 2008 serial blast accused with an explosion taking place in his vehicle at Gaffar Market in Central Delhi minutes after the suspect had left it, has failed to identify the accused before a Delhi court.
Auto rickshaw driver Mool Chand failed to identify the alleged terrorist, who was produced before him during the court proceeding through video-conferencing from Sabarmati jail, where he is lodged currently.
The prosecution had said the accused had travelled in his auto-rickshaw on September 13, 2008 to Gaffar market in Karol Bagh area and had left a bag in his vehicle in which the explosion had taken place.
40-year-old Mool Chand was shown six of the 13 accused, presently lodged in Sabarmati jail in Gujarat, on screen via videoconferencing but failed to identify the man, who had hired his auto rickshaw.
Mool Chand was deposing as a prosecution witness before Additional Sessions Judge Narinder Kumar, who is conducting trial in the 2008 serial blast case in which 26 people were killed and 135 others had been injured.
Thirteen suspected Indian Mujahideen militants, of which six are presently lodged in Sabarmati jail in Gujarat, are facing trial in the case.
Mool Chand told the court that he can identify the youth and was shown faces of each accused at least six times in half an hour with focus on their faces but he said he wanted to see them in person and only then he can identify the man who had travelled in his auto.
At this, the prosecution submitted to the court that the six accused lodged in Sabarmati jail, be summoned here personally so that the prosecution witness could identify the relevant accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi