2010 Jama Masjid terror attack case: Delhi Police files chargesheet against Bhatkal, Akhtar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Saturday filed a chargesheet against Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and his aide Asadullah Akhtar in 2010 Jama Masjid terror attack case.
The dyad were produced before the Patiala House court here on April 15.
During the in-chamber hearing before District Judge IS Mehta, Bhatkal and Akhtar said that they were "forced" by the Maharashtra Police to give confessional statements in connection with cases against them there. The Maharashtra Police threatened that they would be compelled to commit suicide in custody, the duo alleged.
The National Investigation Agency had last month chargesheeted Bhatkal, Akhtar, Manzar Imam and U Ahmed for their alleged role in the conspiracy and commission of major terror attacks in various parts of the country.
It was the second chargesheet filed in the case registered on September 10, 2012 against Indian Mujahideen members for carrying out terrorist activities and conspiracy for waging war against India.
The NIA said Bhatkal with other Indian Mujahideen operatives were involved in major bomb blasts - in Hyderabad (2007), Jaipur (2008), Delhi (2008), Ahmedabad and Surat (2008), German Bakery in Pune (2010), Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore (2010), Jama Masjid in Delhi (2010), Sheetlaghat (2010), Mumbai (2011) and Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad (2013).
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?