`2013 Delhi polls test for Aam Aadmi Party`
Panaji: The 2013 Delhi Legislative Assembly Elections will be a test case for Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), before the new political outfit sets its eyes on the rest of the country, party co-founder Prashant Bhushan said on Sunday.
Bhushan, a celebrated public interest litigant and anti-corruption activist, was speaking during a public interaction near Panaji.
Asked to comment on the roadmap for the AAP, which is also spearheaded by anti-corruption crusader Arvind Kejriwal, Bhushan said: "The Delhi Assembly Elections are coming in 2013. We hope to contest them. Hopefully that will energise things in the rest of the country."
Bhushan further said that coming to power was not the agenda of the AAP, the aim he said, was to enter the corridors of power and then fight the battle against corruption from the inside.
He said that the AAP was presently focused on local issues, especially in Delhi.
"We are trying to take up local issues. Electricity privatisation, water privatisation, slum colonies, rickshaw pullers and unorganised labour are some of the issues affecting common people there," he said.
He also said that the party was in the process of building an organisation across the country from the state to the district levels.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!