`2013 Delhi polls test for Aam Aadmi Party`
Panaji: The 2013 Delhi Legislative Assembly Elections will be a test case for Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), before the new political outfit sets its eyes on the rest of the country, party co-founder Prashant Bhushan said on Sunday.
Bhushan, a celebrated public interest litigant and anti-corruption activist, was speaking during a public interaction near Panaji.
Asked to comment on the roadmap for the AAP, which is also spearheaded by anti-corruption crusader Arvind Kejriwal, Bhushan said: "The Delhi Assembly Elections are coming in 2013. We hope to contest them. Hopefully that will energise things in the rest of the country."
Bhushan further said that coming to power was not the agenda of the AAP, the aim he said, was to enter the corridors of power and then fight the battle against corruption from the inside.
He said that the AAP was presently focused on local issues, especially in Delhi.
"We are trying to take up local issues. Electricity privatisation, water privatisation, slum colonies, rickshaw pullers and unorganised labour are some of the issues affecting common people there," he said.
He also said that the party was in the process of building an organisation across the country from the state to the district levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!