`2013 Delhi polls test for Aam Aadmi Party`
Panaji: The 2013 Delhi Legislative Assembly Elections will be a test case for Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), before the new political outfit sets its eyes on the rest of the country, party co-founder Prashant Bhushan said on Sunday.
Bhushan, a celebrated public interest litigant and anti-corruption activist, was speaking during a public interaction near Panaji.
Asked to comment on the roadmap for the AAP, which is also spearheaded by anti-corruption crusader Arvind Kejriwal, Bhushan said: "The Delhi Assembly Elections are coming in 2013. We hope to contest them. Hopefully that will energise things in the rest of the country."
Bhushan further said that coming to power was not the agenda of the AAP, the aim he said, was to enter the corridors of power and then fight the battle against corruption from the inside.
He said that the AAP was presently focused on local issues, especially in Delhi.
"We are trying to take up local issues. Electricity privatisation, water privatisation, slum colonies, rickshaw pullers and unorganised labour are some of the issues affecting common people there," he said.
He also said that the party was in the process of building an organisation across the country from the state to the district levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes