22-year-old youth arrested for stabbing friend to death
New Delhi: An 18-year-old youth was allegedly stabbed to death by his friend following a heated argument between the two in an area on the outskirts of the city, police said.
The deceased, identified as Ashok, was last night stabbed to death by his friend, Rocky (22), near Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, police said.
The youth accused of the attack has been arrested and the weapon allegedly used in commission of the crime has also been recovered, police added.
According to police, Ashok was in the stadium area when his friend Rocky (22) arrived there in an inebriated condition. The duo then got into a heated exchange and, during the altercation, Rocky took a knife from a nearby meat shop and stabbed Ashok several times in a fit of rage, grievously injuring him, police said.
He then fled the spot while locals there informed the police about the incident. Ashok was taken to a hospital where he was declared dead.
The deceased was employed in a private firm and was residing with his family in the Bawana area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre