22-year-old youth arrested for stabbing friend to death
New Delhi: An 18-year-old youth was allegedly stabbed to death by his friend following a heated argument between the two in an area on the outskirts of the city, police said.
The deceased, identified as Ashok, was last night stabbed to death by his friend, Rocky (22), near Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, police said.
The youth accused of the attack has been arrested and the weapon allegedly used in commission of the crime has also been recovered, police added.
According to police, Ashok was in the stadium area when his friend Rocky (22) arrived there in an inebriated condition. The duo then got into a heated exchange and, during the altercation, Rocky took a knife from a nearby meat shop and stabbed Ashok several times in a fit of rage, grievously injuring him, police said.
He then fled the spot while locals there informed the police about the incident. Ashok was taken to a hospital where he was declared dead.
The deceased was employed in a private firm and was residing with his family in the Bawana area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in