22-year-old youth arrested for stabbing friend to death
New Delhi: An 18-year-old youth was allegedly stabbed to death by his friend following a heated argument between the two in an area on the outskirts of the city, police said.
The deceased, identified as Ashok, was last night stabbed to death by his friend, Rocky (22), near Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, police said.
The youth accused of the attack has been arrested and the weapon allegedly used in commission of the crime has also been recovered, police added.
According to police, Ashok was in the stadium area when his friend Rocky (22) arrived there in an inebriated condition. The duo then got into a heated exchange and, during the altercation, Rocky took a knife from a nearby meat shop and stabbed Ashok several times in a fit of rage, grievously injuring him, police said.
He then fled the spot while locals there informed the police about the incident. Ashok was taken to a hospital where he was declared dead.
The deceased was employed in a private firm and was residing with his family in the Bawana area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees