22 young bravehearts call on Delhi CM
New Delhi: Twenty-two boys and girls, who have been selected for National Bravery Awards this year, Wednesday shared their stories of outstanding deeds with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
They called on Dikshit at the Delhi Secretariat.
While congratulating them, the Chief Minister said the brave children were the pride of the whole country and role models for other children.
She appreciated their deeds and expressed confidence that the children would play a major role not only for their states but also for entire country.
"We all are proud of you. You would continue to inspire other children," Dikshit told them.
Women and Child Welfare Minister Kiran Walia, while appreciating the courage and conviction of the brave children, suggested that their stories of courage and exemplary deeds be included in textbooks.
The award is given every year to children who show exemplary courage in difficult situations. They will be awarded medals and citations by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the eve of Republic Day.
The children will also take part in the Republic Day parade on January 26.
Since the inception of these awards in 1957, ICCW has honoured 846 brave children out of which 602 have been boys and 244 girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof