22 young bravehearts call on Delhi CM
New Delhi: Twenty-two boys and girls, who have been selected for National Bravery Awards this year, Wednesday shared their stories of outstanding deeds with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
They called on Dikshit at the Delhi Secretariat.
While congratulating them, the Chief Minister said the brave children were the pride of the whole country and role models for other children.
She appreciated their deeds and expressed confidence that the children would play a major role not only for their states but also for entire country.
"We all are proud of you. You would continue to inspire other children," Dikshit told them.
Women and Child Welfare Minister Kiran Walia, while appreciating the courage and conviction of the brave children, suggested that their stories of courage and exemplary deeds be included in textbooks.
The award is given every year to children who show exemplary courage in difficult situations. They will be awarded medals and citations by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the eve of Republic Day.
The children will also take part in the Republic Day parade on January 26.
Since the inception of these awards in 1957, ICCW has honoured 846 brave children out of which 602 have been boys and 244 girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28
- Watch video: Baby bison is attacked by a wolf – what happens next will give you goosebumps!
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem