230 CCTVs to be installed at six Delhi courts
New Delhi: Around 230 closed-circuit
television cameras will be installed at six court complexes,
including the Supreme Court, in the capital with Delhi Police
initiating the process to secure them in the wake of the
September 7 blast outside the Delhi High Court.
Tenders were floated by Delhi Police for installation of
CCTVs at the Supreme Court, the High Court and court complexes
of Patiala House, Tis Hazari, Saket and Dwarka, a week after
the blast which claimed 14 lives and injured over 70.
A senior police official said 44 CCTVs are being
installed at the Supreme Court while the number for High Court
is 31, Patiala Court (32), Tis Hazari (30), Saket (50) and
"The CCTVs will cover the entire perimeter and will
capture the image of those approaching court premises. The
recording will be non-stop," the official said.
The decision to cover the perimeter of courts came after
it was found that there was no CCTV coverage outside the High
Court, which witnessed two blasts in past four months.
Besides CCTVs, the official said, more police personnel
are being deployed at courts to thwart any untoward incident.
"CCTVs act as a deterrent and will help in investigations,"
the official said.
The Saket district court complex has 60 courts while
the Dwarka has 45 courts.
The Saket court is the latest district court in the
capital which became operational on August 28 last year and
looks into matters pertaining to South and South East
districts. Dwarka court complex started functioning from
September 6, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read