24 more cases of dengue in Delhi
New Delhi: Despite the onset of winters, a
large number of people are continuing to fall prey to dengue
virus in Delhi, where another 24 people have tested positive
for the mosquito-borne disease.
With this, the number of dengue cases reported in
different hospitals rose to 667.
"24 people tested positive for dengue fever in the past
24 hours. Dengue cases generally start subsiding with the
onset of winters but then the trend of dengue fever is
changing. More and more hospitals are reporting dengue cases.
From an average of 10 cases per day, we are now getting over
20 cases per day, VK Monga, MCD health committee chairman,
"A total of 667 people have been diagnosed of dengue
fever till now. By mid-November, we are hopeful that dengue
cases will come down as the aedes mosquito breeds in warm
weather and dies in winter when the temperature drops," he
The first case of dengue fever was reported this year in
Four deaths due to dengue haemorrhagic fever have been
reported in the city so far, the last being on October 13.
"People should take precaution and check for mosquito
breeding at their premises as cases of Chikungunya and
Japanese Encephalitis are also being reported by hospitals,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India