24 more cases of dengue in Delhi
New Delhi: Despite the onset of winters, a
large number of people are continuing to fall prey to dengue
virus in Delhi, where another 24 people have tested positive
for the mosquito-borne disease.
With this, the number of dengue cases reported in
different hospitals rose to 667.
"24 people tested positive for dengue fever in the past
24 hours. Dengue cases generally start subsiding with the
onset of winters but then the trend of dengue fever is
changing. More and more hospitals are reporting dengue cases.
From an average of 10 cases per day, we are now getting over
20 cases per day, VK Monga, MCD health committee chairman,
"A total of 667 people have been diagnosed of dengue
fever till now. By mid-November, we are hopeful that dengue
cases will come down as the aedes mosquito breeds in warm
weather and dies in winter when the temperature drops," he
The first case of dengue fever was reported this year in
Four deaths due to dengue haemorrhagic fever have been
reported in the city so far, the last being on October 13.
"People should take precaution and check for mosquito
breeding at their premises as cases of Chikungunya and
Japanese Encephalitis are also being reported by hospitals,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey