25 child labourers rescued in Delhi
New Delhi: Twenty-five child labourers, most
of them trafficked from Bihar, were rescued by authorities
from two units in north-west Delhi.
"The operation was carried out in Narela area yesterday
and 25 children have been rescued," said R S Chaurasia,
Chairperson of child rights NGO Bachpan Bachao Andolan which
aided the police and labour department officials in the raid.
The children, in the age group of 8-14, were rescued from
shoe-making and embroidery units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia