25 child labourers rescued in Delhi
New Delhi: Twenty-five child labourers, most
of them trafficked from Bihar, were rescued by authorities
from two units in north-west Delhi.
"The operation was carried out in Narela area yesterday
and 25 children have been rescued," said R S Chaurasia,
Chairperson of child rights NGO Bachpan Bachao Andolan which
aided the police and labour department officials in the raid.
The children, in the age group of 8-14, were rescued from
shoe-making and embroidery units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India