25 child labourers rescued in Delhi
New Delhi: Twenty-five child labourers, most
of them trafficked from Bihar, were rescued by authorities
from two units in north-west Delhi.
"The operation was carried out in Narela area yesterday
and 25 children have been rescued," said R S Chaurasia,
Chairperson of child rights NGO Bachpan Bachao Andolan which
aided the police and labour department officials in the raid.
The children, in the age group of 8-14, were rescued from
shoe-making and embroidery units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP