25 child labourers rescued in Delhi
New Delhi: Twenty-five child labourers, most
of them trafficked from Bihar, were rescued by authorities
from two units in north-west Delhi.
"The operation was carried out in Narela area yesterday
and 25 children have been rescued," said R S Chaurasia,
Chairperson of child rights NGO Bachpan Bachao Andolan which
aided the police and labour department officials in the raid.
The children, in the age group of 8-14, were rescued from
shoe-making and embroidery units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj