25 child labourers rescued in Delhi
New Delhi: Twenty-five child labourers, most
of them trafficked from Bihar, were rescued by authorities
from two units in north-west Delhi.
"The operation was carried out in Narela area yesterday
and 25 children have been rescued," said R S Chaurasia,
Chairperson of child rights NGO Bachpan Bachao Andolan which
aided the police and labour department officials in the raid.
The children, in the age group of 8-14, were rescued from
shoe-making and embroidery units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand