26/11: Jundal`s JC extended till Nov 21
New Delhi: The judicial custody of 26/11 key handler Abu Jundal was Friday extended till November 21 by a Delhi court.
Jundal was produced before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash in pursuance of the warrant issued for his production in the court today.
CMM slated November 21 to commit the case to a sessions court as Jundal has been charge-sheeted under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, Explosive Substances Act and various other provisions of the Indian Penal Code, which are exclusively triable by a court of sessions.
The alleged LeT terrorist was brought back to Delhi by the Gujarat ATS on November 11 and was remanded back in judicial custody by a magisterial court.
The court had given Jundal`s custody to Gujarat ATS after the probe agency told the court that he is wanted for interrogation in the 2006 Karanawati Express train blast case in Ahmedabad in which he is alleged to be one of the main conspirators and was declared a proclaimed offender.
Jundal alias Syed Zaibuddin has been charge sheeted by the Delhi Police for his role in various terror activities across India to avenge the alleged atrocities against Muslims, particularly those committed during the 2002 Gujarat riots.
The charge sheet said after his arrest from the IGI Airport here on June 21 this year, Jundal, during questioning, had admitted to his role in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack and disclosed that he along with LeT chief Zaki-ur-Rehman alias Lakhvi, monitored the 26/11 attacks from a control room set up at Malir in Karachi, Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened